It’s the middle of March and I’m feeling a little scattered when it comes to the roles and goals I outlined for 2014. My new normal is prompting me to focus more on the process than the results, but I still want to have a clear direction while I’m in process. I’m revisiting my goals today with that in mind.
There are two things I already know about my goals after 7 weeks with James in the picture:
- I need to focus on one thing at a time. Multitasking makes me feel even more frazzled than I already am. Taking care of James means my attention is divided anyways. In order to start accomplishing goals, I will have to devote a day to just one task.Today I will work on my Project Life book; tomorrow I will blog; the next day I will organize underneath the bathroom sink, etc.
- Keep my expectations low. Lots of grace.
- Daily time with Jesus – Not accomplishing a traditional “quiet time” but trying to be attentive to God’s presence in this season.
- Regular exercise – The weather is finally warmer which means daily walks are possible. Getting to the gym takes some scheduling effort. I haven’t started intentionally trying to lose the last 10 preggo pounds yet.
- Sleep – I can’t get enough…
- Reading – Different habits, but I’m still able to read with a baby around.
- Service – No real progress on this one.
- Daily one-on-one time – Definite room for improvement. Usually we get a couple minutes before we sack out in bed.
- Monthly date-night – We’ve gotten a couple, thanks to my mom. She leaves this week, so we will see how this evolves.
- Prayer – Tim and I pray before bed, but I’m usually half asleep. I need to be better about praying throughout the day.
- Breastfeeding – Going really well!
- Reading out loud – Sometimes I cheat and read my own book, instead of a board book, out loud.
- Document Baby James life – My mom got me a Project Life starter kit. I plan to print pictures next week and plan a day to get going.
- Consistent email updates – I was doing once a week emails but that has dropped off post James. I need to prioritize these updates over blogging/social media.
- Finish unpacking – James has beens staying in our room, but my mom and I did finish putting together the nursery upstairs. Many more decor boxes to unpack.
- Cull excess – I have several bags of things to drop at Goodwill.
- Purge and revamp wardrobe – I unearthed two boxes of my pre-pregnancy clothes last week. Just now starting to wear pre-preggo pants. I think the purging and revamping will be a gradual process as I slim down a bit more.
- Meal plan – My mom has been feeding us for the past two months, but I’m working on a couple weeks rotation of budget meals.
- Pay bills immediately – If we had the money to pay our medical bills immediately, I would be on top of it…
- Daily house de-clutter – On and off successful with this.
- Write something everyday – Totally not happening.
- Comment on blogs – I’ve been doing pretty good with this, I think. In this season, I want to comment more than I blog.
- Limit back-end blog improvements to a specific day – Or just cut it out all together for now? I’d rather focus on getting blog posts written instead of frittering away my time on social media and improvements.
- Read books about writing/blogging – These will be put on hold until I have enough mental energy to enjoy them. I will stick to fiction and Christian living for now.
How are you doing on your goals this year?