Even at 33 years old, I look forward to hauling out the Christmas books just as much as my kiddos. There’s something about savoring these sweet, funny, meaningful stories that helps me slow down and enjoy the holiday season. We have a huge collection of Christmas picture books and always get a huge stack from the library. Here are our favorites.
An * by the description indicates its part of Amazon’s 3 for the price of 2 sale thats going on now. All links are affiliate which just means I get a small commission if you make a purchase with no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting my Christmas book addiction. :)
Did I miss your favorite? Let me know in the comments.
Hilarious animal visuals along with the classic Christmas song.
Cute little mice discover the true meaning of Christmas. Written by a great story teller.
Such sweet illustrations. All of Little Mouse’s family weighs in on what the magic of Christmas is.
* Can Sally Loyd Jones do any wrong with her moving books? I don’t think so.
Not in print anymore, but maybe your library has it!
* Charlie learns to love a new kitty.
After her house is destroyed in a storm, Mouse finds a perfect place to live.
Striking illustrations with very memorizable text.
* One of our faves of the favorites.
Not sure why this is so pricey. But bunnies!
There’s another version of this book illustrated by Anna Dewdney (Llama Llama), but I prefer this one.
Just gorgeous. And so cheap right now.
One of my absolute FAVORITES.
A Christmas installment of a delightful series. Christmasy words defined in terms of cookies.
There’s something about these sheep that I find so charming.
Wonderfully interactive for toddlers.
* Llama Llama getting into some simple holiday cheer.
* Not technically Christmas, but the lyrics to this classic Christmasy song is accompanied by beautiful illustrations.
These are gorgeous! $2.34 off coupon right now off of $14.73.
* Uniquely beautiful illustrations of a classic ballet.
* JARVIS is an illustrating genius. I think I’m always attracted to stories about Christmas trees – picking a tree is one of my favorite traditions.
* Wonderfully done take on Twas The Night Before Christmas.
Mary Engelbreit’s ubiquitous illustrations of the classic Christmas play.
I am SUCH a fan of Fletcher. These books always have beautiful illustrations.
* A tiny church mouse brings Christmas spirit to a town with a sick parson.
I get choked up every time I read this one.
* Same with this one.
Loved reading about this family’s Christmas Eve tradition.
From the illustrator of the Snowman and Night books.
* Another crier.
It’s always fun going back to Stoney Meadow Farms.
* Striking illustrations accompanying the Robert Frost poem.
* Bear tries to stay up to Christmas. Part of a fun series.
* Got it from the library last week and we’ve read it everyday.
* I loved this long-form picture book based on the author’s actual family.
A fun take on Goldilocks.
* Clever rhymes and amusing illustrations (plus hidden pictures) has made this a family favorite.
2 thoughts on “Our Favorite Christmas Picture Books”
So many I don’t know that look so good- thank you! One of my favorites I don’t see on here is The Christmas Ark. I used to love imagining which Christmas I’d choose.
I hadn’t heard of that one! It’s going on my To Purchase list :)